At Virginia Breast care, we address the needs of patients with a wide range of breast health conditions, including breast cancer, pain, lumps, infections, fibrocystic breast disease, and breast care. In addition we provide risk assessment and high risk management. Drs. Dengel and Jones also care for patients with melanoma.
- Ultrasound-guided biopsy
- Sterotactic and tomosynthesis-guided biopsy
- Risk assessment and personalized screening recommendations
- Genetic testing and counseling
- Lumpectomy (breast conservation)
- Sentinel lymph node biopsy
- Surgeon-performed intra-operative ultrasound
- Breast- and skin-sparing procedures, including nipple-sparing mastectomy
- Oncoplastic procedures
We work in collaboration with Martha Jefferson Hospital, a Comprehensive Cancer Center accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) and the American Cancer Society. Our surgeons participate in weekly cancer conferences with specialists in radiology, genetics, radiation & medical oncology and plastic surgery. Our plastic surgeons offer a complete range of reconstruction options, including implant based and autologous (ie DIEP flap) reconstruction.
Together, we offer personalized patient care based on clinical expertise, state-of-the-art technology and the latest medical research.